Are you responsible for the marketing of your company or organization? If you are, you should definitely read this; if not – you should forward this email to the person who does your company’s marketing.
To be a marketing star, you must have a passion to succeed and take the time to do it right. Below are some characteristics of the world’s most successful marketing people.
- Patience: You must be patient to allow your marketing to be effective. It doesn’t happen overnight, but it does happen if you have the patience.
- Insight: You must have the ability to see things from your customer’s point of view, from the perspective of your competitors, and from the mind of your prospect.
- Strength: You need the strength to stand up to the people who care about you – your co-workers, employees, family and friends – but give the worst marketing advice. They see your marketing over and over again. Your prospects are most likely seeing it for the first time.
- Trendy: You need to keep up to date on trends that strategically position you in the marketing arena. Marketing options are changing faster than they ever have before.
- Energetic: Marketing requires attention and energy to maintain, track and improve on a regular basis. Only high-energy people can devote the proper attention.
Good marketing people can become great marketing people very easily. During these challenging times, you must be diligent and aware of what is going on around you at all times. When doing that, remember these five easy steps and your job will become much easier.