A milestone anniversary is certainly worth celebrating. Whether it is one, ten, fifty or even one hundred years, make the most of it because it won’t come around again.
When you start planning anniversary celebrations, involve your staff. Make them part of the process, it is their anniversary too.
Here are a few tips to make the most of this opportunity.
- Celebrate on the tens, that way it is special and you don’t over-do it. If you are celebrating 30 years in business, wrap some promotions around the number 30. Whether it is a 30% discount or actually renaming a product or service using the word 30, think outside the box on this.
- Work the anniversary into all of your marketing by adding the number to your logo or changing your tag line for that year.
- To commemorate your anniversary, launch a new product or service.
- Have an open house for your customers.
- Do some public relations. Media outlets will pick up on good news stories about local businesses that are doing well.
- Send nice promotional gifts to your suppliers and top customers.
- If you are celebrating an anniversary of 50 years or more, create a legacy gift for your community.
- Do promotions. Don’t be shy, make people sit up and take notice. Give away something big.
- Do something nice for your employees. They are a big reason for your success.
Don’t let a big anniversary pass without recognition. This is an opportunity to market your company in a different way. Longevity is a great way to separate you from your competitors.