When setting your marketing budget at the start of the year, do you factor in all the new media options that are out there? TV, radio and newspaper buys are being eroded by companies testing out new and social media options. However, there is one old standby that keeps chugging along and delivering results. Direct mail.
There are not many advertising mediums where your message can have some alone time with your potential customer. But when the homeowner gets your mail in their hands, make sure you maximize your opportunity. Here are some quick tips to make your next mail out a success.
- Determine who you want to receive your mail. Do this wrong and everything else is down the drain.
- Create an envelope that is unique. Its only goal is to get opened.
- Come up with an offer that prospects can’t ignore and describe your offer in the most enticing terms.
- Explain your offer and give the key benefits.
- Set measureable goals and track your results.
- Increase your results by increasing what’s working and eliminating what’s not.
Believe me, direct mail still has a place in your marketing plan. If it didn’t work, why would so many big businesses use it?