All your sales letters, email offers and follow up letters should have a P.S. at the end.
Think about the last time you received a letter or offer by email. Before you looked at the body, did your eyes go to the bottom to see the P.S.?
Why? Because studies show that 60% of people read a P.S. BEFORE they read the rest of the letter. That’s why it makes sense that your P.S. contains important information to help you make the sale.
Here are some ideas to try in your P.S.:
- Have your P.S. repeat your main offer or direct benefit to the buyer. “Remember, you get the whole package now for only $9.95”, or “Buy now and never worry about costly repairs again”.
- Your P.S. should urge the reader to take action, to buy now. Marketing often fails because you never ask for the sale.
- Use your P.S. to add a bonus to the deal. “PLUS, if you
buy today, you will receive an additional 25% off by using code xxx”.
- The P.S. can be used to restate your guarantee. “There is no risk to you, if you aren’t 100% satisfied, you get your money back.”
- You may even want to get clever with your P.S. and say something like “Hard to believe isn’t it? You should go back and read the letter again.”
This really does work and you should use this marketing method whenever you get the chance. People will look down. I’ll prove it.
P.S.: See I told you this works.