Build the Human Bond before the Business Bond.
Have you ever been left standing at a counter waiting for service and leave frustrated?
Have you ever felt bewildered because someone was giving you the sales pitch before listening to what you really want?
Have you ever been greeted on the phone or in person in an indifferent manner?
If you’re like many people, it doesn’t take long before you start thinking about another place to buy.
It’s amazing how many businesses spend a big part of their budget on advertising, not realizing that a key to turning a prospect into a client may be as simple as the way the business answers the phone.
Keys to remember:
- Good marketing is about building relationships.
- It’s always about listening to what the customer wants and needs.
- It’s the small things like smiles and greetings.
- Providing outrageously good service.
- The close and personal follow-up with your clients and prospects.
Why do clients choose one business over another?
A recent customer satisfaction survey was done with 14 major service companies. Their results follow:
- 15% of customers switched to another business because of quality problems.
- 15% left because of price
- 70% departed because they didn’t like the human side of doing business with the provider of the product or service!
Building the human bond means treating clients and prospects with the utmost respect, offering the most valuable information and always giving them the very the best service. Do this and they will become customers for life, and be your very best source for leads and referrals.
It’s not too late to change.