I was meeting with a long-time client last week and he asked me how hard it was to come up with a topic for my bi-weekly marketing tips. I told him some weeks it is easy and some weeks it is an impossible task.
As I am always looking for ideas, I asked him what he would like me to write about this week. He passed me a piece of paper and said my readers might be interested in the following information. I don’t know who to credit for the numbers, but being in sales for most of my life, it does ring true.
- 48% of all sales people never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
- 12% of sales people make three contacts and stop
- Only 10% of sales people make more than three contacts
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
Thanks for this John.