One of the toughest tasks in marketing is coming up with the right content for your website. Great design is a must, but content must be king. You have to know who your target market is, what they want to see and then give it to them right between the eyes. Give them all the answers they want and it will make their decision to buy from you much easier.
Here are some great tips to follow when developing content for your website.
- What is the immediate, short-term goal of your website?
- What specific action do you want visitors to take?
- What are your specific objectives for the long term?
- Who do you want to visit your site?
- What solutions or benefits can you offer to these visitors?
- What data should your site provide to achieve your primary goal?
- What information can you provide to encourage them to act right now?
- What questions are you asked the most on the telephone?
- What questions and comments do you hear most at trade shows?
- What data should your site provide to achieve your secondary goal?
- Where does your target audience look for information?
- How often do you want visitors to return to your website?
- What may be the reasons you don’t sell as much as you’d like to?
- Does your competition have a website?
- What are the ways you can distinguish yourself from your competitors?
- How important is price to your target audience?
You have to make it as easy as possible for your website visitors to quickly find what they want. Make sure that when they find the information they are looking for, it is exactly what they want to see.